Saturday, July 31, 2010

Work in progress. Dragon no. 3

I came across this dragon poem while surfing the net today and thought it would go nicely with my latest drawing. Hope the author does'nt mind me sharing it on my blog.

A Dragon's Lament
I'm tired of being a dragon,
Ferocious and brimming with flame,
The cause of unspeakable terror
When anyone mentions my name.
I'm bored with my bad reputation
For being a miserable brute,
And being routinely expected.
To brazenly pillage and loot.

I wish that I weren't repulsive,
Despicable, ruthless and fierce,
With talons designed to dismember
And fangs finely fashioned to pierce.
I've lost my desire for doing
The deeds any dragon should do,
But since I can't alter my nature,
I guess I'll just terrify you.

© Jack Prelutsky

No comments:

Post a Comment